You are here
Home, Garden, and Automotive Chemicals
House and Garden Chemicals
- Detection of chemicals in well water tests.
- Improper use of storage.
- Improper disposal in backyard, ditches, low ground, septic systems, and overgrown ditches.
- Proper use.
- Public information and education.
- Provide local disposal facilities for unused chemicals and chemical containers.
- Encourage use of less hazardous products.
- Salty taste in well water.
- High chloride level in well water tests.
- Runoff from salt storage piles and highways.
- Proper protection of salt storage
- Minimize use of salt.
- Use alternative deicing materials.