You are here
Contamination from Natural Sources
- Odors in well water.
- Other changes in well water quality.
- Detection of excessive bacteria or chemicals in well water tests.
- Polluted stream or lake water enters well.
- Locate well away from stream or lake.
- Test well water regularly for potential contaminants.
- Change to public water supply if feasible.
- Bad taste or odor in well water.
- Stains on water fixtures.
- Detection of unacceptable levels of substances in well water tests.
- Natural soil or rock conditions.
- Avoid areas where natural groundwater problems exist, if feasible.
- Use water treatment devices.
- Change to public water supply, if feasible.